Crazy upsets? ✓
Great prime-time game? ✓
Walk-off winners? ✓
PAC-12 After Dark? ✓
It was a great week for college football. Well, unless you were most of the Big Ten. The conference of the north saw losses to BYU, Temple, Troy, USF, Missouri, Akron and Kansas.
A pair of Buckeye quarterbacks led the two biggest victories of the week. Joe Burrow on the road against Auburn, and Dwayne Haskins in a *neutral* site game against TCU in Dallas.
Wisconsin’s upset loss to BYU at home was the largest point spread upset of the season. Akron’s win over Northwestern was the program’s first win against a Big Ten team since the 1800s.
Notre Dame struggled once again, this time against Vanderbilt. Tua was Tua as the Tide smashed Ole Miss in Oxford.
The PAC-12 yielded some rather strange games between Washington and Utah, as well as Arizona State and San Diego State.
Reminder, these rankings do not follow the AP Poll’s usual style of ranking. That being said, here are Week 4’s power rankings.
Rank: Team (Prev) +/-
- Alabama Crimson Tide (1) —
- Ohio State Buckeyes (4) +2
- Georgia Bulldogs (3) —
- Clemson Tigers (2) -2
- Oklahoma Sooners (5) —
- LSU Tigers (11) +5
- Penn State Nittany Lions (9) +2
- Stanford Cardinal (8) —
- Auburn Tigers (6) -3
- West Virginia Mountaineers (13) +3
- Virginia Tech Hokies (14) +3
- Mississippi State Bulldogs (15) +3
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish (10) -3
- Washington Huskies (12) -2
- Oklahoma State Cowboys (NR) NR
- TCU Horned Frogs (17) +1
- UCF Golden Knights (19) +2
- Michigan Wolverines (16) -2
- Miami Hurricanes (22) +3
- Colorado Buffaloes (20) —
- Wisconsin Badgers (7) -14
- Duke Blue Devils (24) +2
- California Golden Bears (NR) NR
- Boston College Eagles (NR) NR
- Oregon Ducks (NR) NR
Gambling this season? Want to try it just to see what it feels like? Go to MyBookie.ag and use promo code ARMCHAIR25 at checkout. They will match your deposit dollar for dollar. Putting in $100? You’ll now have $200.